Case Management Services
Southern Hills Case Management services are the behind-the-scenes support work done on behalf of the people receiving treatment services at Southern Hills Counseling Center.
Our staff provide case management services to help people:
- Identify their needs and priorities,
- Create an effective plan for their services,
- Keep their insurance coverage and benefits,
- Coordinate their services with other agencies,
- Manage a crisis situation,
- Get transportation to needed healthcare services,
- Find safe housing,
- Explore job opportunities,
- Get Involved in meaningful community activities, and
- Access needed healthcare services and other resources in the community.
Case management also includes:
- Supporting people in their ability to choose services that fit their personal goals and
- Making sure people are being treated with dignity and respect in the services received.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Where are Case Management services provided?
A: Case Management services are provided at the Center and in the client's home, school, and community.
Q: How are referrals made for Case Management Services?
A: Referrals are made by the client’s therapist through completing a case management referral form. All potential case management clients will need to be an open Southern Hills client and have had a current assessment completed by a Southern Hills provider.
Q: What payers cover Case Management services?
A: Case Management services are covered by Medicaid through the Medicaid Rehabilitation Option (MRO). Private and commercial insurance and Medicare payers do not pay for these services. If you do not qualify for coverage of Medicaid MRO services and wish to receive Case Management services, these services will be billed directly to you. Your Southern Hills service provider will have you sign a Payment Responsibility Statement acknowledging acceptance of being directly billed for services not covered by your payer.